Client: Galliard Homes
Ward: Ashford Borough Council
On Architecture has been appointed by Galliard Homes to undertake architectural services relating to the proposed development of the the site at Toke Farm, Ashford.
The development seeks to:
• Create a suitable development of 15no. dwellings, sympathetic to and in keeping with the local area, implementing sensitive and good design throughout.
• Dwellings to be a suitable scale for the site. Following careful assessment of the local area this is likely to be 2 storey homes with a mix of majority detached and semi-detached houses.
• Ensure sufficient parking for both residents and visitors on site mitigating impact on roads outside of the site.
• Provide suitable vehicle and pedestrian access from Ashford Road for residents as well as service vehicles such as refuse and maintenance.
• Create a suitable development drawing from and enhancing the local character and implementing good design in form, material and layout.
• The overall aim of the scheme is to redevelop the site in order to provide a residential development that addresses the constraints and opportunities of the application site, enhances the local character and provides high quality, well designed homes to meet local needs.